Aloe vera is the superhero of the plant world. It is packed with vitamins and minerals, nourishes your skin and is completely natural. How exactly does this miracle plant work, and in which products do you find it?
What is aloe vera?
Aloe vera is a succulent that occurs naturally in North Africa but is now grown worldwide due to its enormous popularity. After all, there is juice in the plant’s leaves in the form of a sticky, transparent gel that has a healing effect. This gel consists of 96% water and proteins, vitamins A, B, C and E. Thanks to this rich composition, you will find aloe vera in many forms: in food, as a dietary supplement, herbal remedies and – last but not least – cosmetics and care.
What does aloe vera do for your skin?
- It relieves burnt skin. The juice of aloe vera has cooling properties that can be soothing for skin that has been in the sun for too long. Also, it nourishes your burnt skin with minerals and vitamins: this way, burnt skin feels smoother and less triggery. This miracle ingredient is also a great choice for skin that suffers from a lot of redness!
- It helps against pimples. Oops, pimple spotted? Products with aloe vera help your irritated skin recover faster, as do any scars you have left from acne.
- It nourishes dry skin. The aloe vera plant contains a lot of moisturizing properties to bring extra moisture into your skin.
- It helps dark circles fade. Aloe vera produces collagen, which prevents swelling and promotes the production of new cells.
- It is suitable for sensitive skin. Since aloe vera is a 100% natural ingredient, it is safe to use even for the most delicate skin.
- It counteracts wrinkles. Aloe vera promotes the elasticity of your skin. No wonder you come across the ingredient in a lot of anti-ageing products!
Favourite products with aloe vera:
SILKY SOFT LIPS
Do you suffer from dry or irritated lips? Thanks to the Soothing Lip Balm with Green Tea and Aloe Vera from Only You, that’s history from now on. It contains fresh green tea and soothing aloe vera that immediately calms a triggery feeling. Ideal for protecting your lips from the inclement (autumn) wind!
Especially if you wear long trousers or tights in autumn, the friction can quickly make your skin feel dry. To the rescue: Body Smoothing Moisture Milk with Aloe Vera from Clarins that gives you comfortable and soft skin. Handy: this body lotion comes in a generous format so that you can share it with the whole family!
You can also opt for a caring variant in your cotton pads. The Skin Care Pure Cotton Pads Duo from ICI PARIS XL consist of 100% cotton – sweet for your skin! – and have two sides. One side is structured so that you can clean thoroughly. The other contains nourishing aloe vera so that you make your skin pure again in all softness.
24 HOURS of PURE PROTECTION
Do you like natural ingredients in the bathroom? Biotherm’s paraben and aluminium-free Deo Pure Natural Protect Deodorant bears the ECOCERT label and is good for the environment. But this deodorant is also a good choice for your skin because the soothing and soft cream with aloe vera promises you 24-hour protection against unpleasant odours.
Do you suffer from redness in your face, or has your skin lost the natural glow a bit after the summer? Magic Fix Colour Correcting Primer from BE Creative Make Up corrects your complexion exactly where it’s needed. The primer smoothes your skin and contains the juice of aloe vera, known for its soothing properties.
SOS DRY SKIN
A real must for your skin this fall: Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator from Clinique. This refreshing gel-cream offers an instant hydration boost that lasts up to 72 hours. How? The cream contains aloe vera water that helps the skin create its own internal water source to rehydrate itself constantly. Result: full, fresh and radiant healthy skin!