Beauty is skin deep – you have probably heard this far too many times, and you can’t deny it. One only feels beautiful when they’re feeling great from within.
Therefore, you must be mindful of what you put in your body because what you give is what you receive.
Detox water is famous amongst health experts for all the right reasons! It is an easy drink made by adding and soaking fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs into the water for several hours.
Since none of the ingredients is blended in the water, detox water makes for a light, refreshing, and low-calorie drink which also tastes great!
Moreover, it also helps your skin look healthy, even-toned, and plump. In this article, you will learn about the benefits of detox water for your skin.
What are the benefits of detox water for your skin?
Detox water is indeed a refreshing and energising drink. But how does it help your skin?
- Detox water hydrate and rejuvenate your skin.
- It prevents skin issues such as ageing, wrinkles, fine lines, dullness, etc.
- It repairs the cells and protects your skin from any damage caused by UV rays.
- Drinking detox water clears any acne scars and other blemishes from your skin!
- It improves your gut health and functioning.
Read on to know about these fantastic benefits of detox water in detail!
Benefit #1 – Detox water hydrates and rejuvenates the skin.
Since detox water is more than just water, it will benefit in more ways than one!
- This drink contains extracts of various fruits, vegetables, and herbs. As a result, you automatically obtain the vitamins and minerals they provide.
- Therefore, consuming detox water will make your skin plump, healthy, and hydrated.
- You can add cucumber, mint, and ginger for effective results.
- These fruits and herbs contain properties that hydrate your skin and heal inflammation.
Benefit #2 – It prevents Aging and other skin issues.
Lack of water consumption can lead to skin ailments such as dryness, flakiness, inflammation, and more.
- Drinking detox water improves your skin texture by releasing toxins from your body.
- These toxins are usually responsible for making your skin look wrinkly, saggy, and aged.
- Moreover, detox water helps produce collagen, which adds elasticity to the skin.
- Adding watermelon to your detox water will help your skin flush out harmful toxins. Because it tastes great too, this is a win-win situation for you!
Benefit #3 – It repairs and protects your skin from UV damage.
One of the reasons your skin appears dull and damaged is a lack of proper water intake. This is where detox water comes to the rescue!
- As mentioned earlier, detox water contains vitamins and minerals from the fruits, vegetables, and herbs soaked for hours.
- These vitamins and minerals contain antioxidants. If you are a skincare junkie, you know how important antioxidants are.
- Antioxidants repair and restore cells that brighten your skin tone and texture.
- Antioxidants contain inflammatory properties that protect the skin from UV damage by fighting against free radicals.
- You can add citrus fruits such as lemon, oranges, or grapefruits to your detox water for youthful and bright skin.
- Citrus fruits are a rich source of antioxidants.
- Tropical fruits such as papaya, pineapple, guava, strawberries, etc., contain Vitamin C, which is essential to fight against free radicals.
Benefit #4 – Detox water clears acne scars and blemishes from your skin.
The purpose of drinking detox water is an overall cleansing of the body. Therefore, your skin is no exception!
- As mentioned above, incorporating detox water into your diet will flush out any harmful toxins and impurities.
- In turn, you achieve healthy skin that is blemish and acne-free.
- Some ingredients that help in this process are apples, chia seeds, citrus fruits, etc.
- Apples help cleanse and soften the skin as it contains malic acid. Malic acid acts as a mild exfoliator.
- Chia seeds are rich in Vitamin A and C, adding a natural radiant glow to your face.
Benefit #5 – Drinking detox water improves your digestive health and functioning!
Detoxification cleanses the body, which helps your stomach and gut function better. But how does your digestive health affect your skin?
Let’s find out!
- Your digestive system is responsible for removing all the toxins and impurities from your body.
- The digestive system has a bacteria known as the “gut microbiome” that affects overall health.
- Therefore, if you do not take care of your stomach and digestive processes, your skin will look spotty, dull, and uneven.
- Consuming detox water early morning on an empty stomach will provide all the necessary nutrients to your body.
- Moreover, it will help cut down unnecessary calorie intake for the day.
- You can incorporate ingredients such as raw apple cider vinegar and aloe vera in the detox water to improve your gut health.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar contains enzymes that improve your gut health.
- While aloe vera is known to work on your skin by applying it, you can also consume it to treat any ailment and issues in your gut.
Here you go! You have a comprehensive list of five solid reasons why detox water is beneficial for your skin!
Detox water is easy to make and provides ample nutrients for your body. Moreover, it is a light and fresh drink that takes care of everything.
This drink is the perfect, one-stop solution for an inside-out cleanse for your health and your skin! Who would have thought that your gut health could impact your skin?
Did this article help you? Make sure to leave a comment or two in the comment box at the bottom.
We would love to know if you have tried drinking detox water and how it helped you!
As always, we shall continue to update our blog with various homemade, natural recipes and remedies. So make sure you stick around to find updated, informative and reliable posts!