Everyone knows that dandruff bothers and that it is a sign that something is not going well. Therefore, knowing the best dandruff shampoos on the market can be a great help to start treating this uncomfortable condition that affects the appearance of your hair and even your behavior.
Dandruff can be very uncomfortable and irritating and only those who suffer from this evil know the discomforts it can cause. This is because in addition to reaching the hair, it can appear on the beard and even eyebrows, besides often causing itching and being mistakenly associated with poor hygiene.
If you suffer from dandruff, know that this is a very common problem, but that there are simple care and effective measures to control it, such as the use of a good dandruff shampoo that can be a great ally.
Before i provide you with the tips and details that can help you fight it in this article, don’t forget that dandruff can be an important indicator of any health problems. Be sure to consult with a dermatologist if your condition does not improve or if other symptoms appear.
What causes dandruff?
In general, dandruff arises with excess oil on the scalp, and may intensify in stressful and very cold situations.
In addition, it may be related to genetic factors, hormonal changes, presence of fungi, sudden changes in temperature, certain habits that affect the scalp and also health problems – so it is so important to consult a dermatologist if the problem does not go away.
7 tips to Get the best of dandruff shampoo
Do you have any doubts whether it’s even worth using an anti-dandruff shampoo?
So know that it is proven that using dandruff shampoo prevents the onset of the disease.
They have great power because they act directly on the scalp, performing a deep cleansing, eliminating the fungi causing dandruff and assisting in combating oil.
But of course each shampoo has its specificities, so it is important to carefully choose the best dandruff shampoo for your case. Today there are excellent assets and ingredients included in the best dandruff shampoos on the market that can be a great hand on the wheel for your problem.
In addition, by following the care tips listed below, you take better advantage of their benefits and gain an important ally to get rid of the white dots:
- Use dandruff shampoo only on the scalp.
- Let the dandruff shampoo act for about 5 minutes.
- Massage the shampoo gently into the scalp without assaulting it.
- Rinse the hair well by removing the entire product, to prevent the product from continuing to act, causing dryness and frizz.
- Avoid washing your hair with very hot water.
- Avoid sleeping with wet hair or leave it moist for too long, to prevent the proliferation of fungi that can further increase flaking.
- Choose a good dandruff shampoo suitable for your hair type.
Now, see below a carefully selected list of the best dandruff shampoos available in 2021, so you can make use of this ally and get rid of the hassle of caspas once and for all.
The 10 Best Anti-dandruff shampoos in India 2021
1. Vichy Dercos Micro Peel Anti-Dandruff Exfoliating Shampoo
This Vichy shampoo features gel-textured micro exfoliating detox action that purifies, soothes and deeply cleanses the scalp, with the power to eliminate dandruff from the first application, including the anti-residue effect.
With salicylic acid, LHA, apricot seed microspheres and biodegradable particles in its composition, the shampoo has a double micro-exfoliating action, bringing the effectiveness of micro peeling anti-dandruff, anti-oil and anti-itching.
Its efficacy is proven against seborrheic dermatitis, since it treats the causes of the disease, eliminates dandruff and oil, relieves itching and deeply cleanses the scalp.
It is indicated for men and women with oily hair, with large, yellowish, thick and adherent caspase to the scalp or accompanied by hyper seborrhea.
- Dandruff shampoo that intensely purifies and cleanses the scalp, with anti residue effect and antifungal and anti-inflammatory action
- It has salicylic acid and biodegradable particles, which provide double micro-exfoliating action
- Acts as anti-dandruff, anti-oil and anti-itch
2. Darrow Doctar Shampoo Anticaspa
Doctar shampoo is the most prescribed dandruff shampoo by dermatologists in Brazil, so it is one of the most well-known and sold therapeutic shampoos in the country.
It has an intelligent synergy of assets that fights the new plates, relieves the itching and deeply cleanses the scalp, leaving the hair soft, hydrated and with a delicious feeling of freshness. Salicylic acid, ichthyol, pyroctona olamine, melaleuca oil and aloe vera are in the list of ingredients.
As a result, Darrow promises up to 82% dandruff reduction, 94% itch reduction and 94% immediate freshness.
- Deeply cleanses the scalp without drying out, offering an immediate freshness after washing
- Combats intense dandruff and prevents its resurgence,with antifungal action and results from the first application
- Relieves scalp itching by up to 94%
3. Pielus Dl Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
From the pharmaceutical manticore, the Pielus line is dedicated to the treatment and control of dandruff and seborrhea dermatitis, whether mild or intense. It acts on the cause, in relieving symptoms and protecting against the reappearance of caspase.
The shampoo is indicated for intense flaking, and in addition to acting in the control and prevention of dandruff, reduces oil and itching without harming the wires due to its conditioning agents.
Its formula contains salicylic acid, pyrokone olamine, PCA zinc and the Oil Control complex.
- Antifungal and anti-inflammatory potency indicated for intense flaking
- Deeply cleans, reduces excessive oiliness, decreases itching and its action prevents the reappearance of caspas
- Does not damage the wires due to the conditioning agents present in the formula
4. La Roche-Posay Kerium Shampoo Anti-Dandruff and Anti-Oil
Kerium is La Roche-Posay’s treatment line dedicated to hair care for sensitive scalps with a tendency to dandruff and fall. Its effectiveness is proven to be the anti-dandruff care, antiqued and in the repair of the wires, providing visible results from the first applications.
Its formula contains a number of high-performance active ingredients, such as salicylic acid and micro-exfoliating LHA, which together descale persistent dandruff and favour the elimination of flaking. In addition, it has zinc PCA that acts in the control of oil.
The shampoo is provided in a transparent gel, with a light texture and refreshing feel, developed especially for the oily scalp.
- Restores the physiological balance of the scalp, eliminating dandruff in a lasting way and preventing its reappearance
- Deeply cleanses the hair fiber and rebalances the scalp, reducing oil
- Reduces the sensation of dandruff-related itching
5. Head & Shoulders Anti-Itch Dandruff Shampoo
Head & Shoulders is the world’s number 1 brand of dandruff shampoo with over 50 years of scientific research related to dandruff and scalp.
This shampoo takes care of the root of the hair and has the concentrated anti-itch effect, thanks to the presence of eucalyptus extract, helping to relieve the itchy scalp associated with dandruff.
Its dermasense formula has balanced pH and hydrazinc, which acts on protecting the scalp and immediate relief against itching, while leaving the scalp healthy and beautiful.
- Invigorating shampoo that acts on protecting the scalp and immediate relief against itching
- Promotes soothing sensation and soft, healthy hair due to the presence of eucalyptus
- Brand specialized in capillary care anti-dandruff and antiqueda with affordable price
6. Bioderma Nodé DS+ Intensive Dandruff Shampoo
Bioderma’s Nodé DS+ dandruff shampoo is designed to treat the scalp without harming the hair fiber.
In its composition, it includes active actions with intensive and specific actions both in the causes and consequences of scalp flaking, whether mild, moderate or even in more advanced stages.
The highlight comes from the DSactiv ®, which limits the proliferation of Malassezia fungi and sebaceous secretion. In addition, it has pH similar to that of the skin, keratorregulatory agents, calming agents and does not include detergents, acting without harming the scalp sensitized by flaking.
As a result, the product promotes a smooth and effective cleansing, maintaining the hydration of the hair fiber, leaving the strands soft and shiny.
- Provides dual efficacy that limits the proliferation of fungi responsible for dandruff and sebaceous secretion
- Relieves scalp itching thanks to the presence of calming agents in its formula
- Acts in the treatment of severe and persistent dandruff without drying or damaging the natural protective film that surrounds the strands, keeping the hair fiber hydrated and the hair soft and shiny
7. Clear Shampoo Antidruff Intense Hydration
Developed especially for women in the fight against dandruff, this shampoo from Clear has as differential a high power of deep hydration from root to tips, acting as an anti-dandruff and fighting dryness, ideal for dry or damaged hair and scalps.
The shampoo relies on Bio Booster technology with vitamin B3 and amino acids, which contribute to activate the natural defenses of the scalp, replacing nutrition and its protein components and ending recurrent dandruff.
- Fights caspas by making hair more nourished and soft, deeply moisturizing from root to hair tips
- Acts on the replacement of the protein components of the scalp
- Eliminates recurrent dandruff and activates natural scalp protection
8. Farmaervas Shampoo Anticaspa
This shampoo from Farmaervas has anti-dandruff action that leaves the strands clean with a delicious feeling of freshness and pleasant perfume, also acting on reducing oil and providing an anti-itch effect.
Its formula in the fight against dandruff uses only natural ingredients, such as zinc pyrithione and Hamamelis extract, with astringent and decongestant action. In addition, the product does not contain salt.
The result is a hair-free scalp and clean, loose and healthy hair.
- Action of dandruff and anti-seborrhea, using only natural ingredients
- Proven results for reducing caspas, itching and oily scalp
- Promotes a clean, loose hair with a pleasant feeling of freshness
9. L ́Oréal Elseve Hydra-Detox Anti-Dandruff Rebalancing Shampoo
This rebalancing shampoo from Elseve offers a double-action treatment for your hair: it balances the scalp, eliminating dandruff, and moisturizes the length and ends of the hair without causing oil.
Its formula includes the innovative combination of the dermo-balance system plus blue seaweed, which together fight dandruff and rebalance the level of oily of the scalp.
In addition, the shampoo moisturizes the fiber from the length to the ends of the hair, keeping the strands hydrated for up to 48 hours.
- Helps eliminate dandruff and prevents its reappearance
- Moisturizes the hair fiber from length to ends, keeping the strands hydrated for up to 48 hours
- Reduces oily scalp without drying strands
10. Clear Men Shampoo Anticaspa Ice Cool Menthol
The great differential of ice cool menthol dandruff shampoo is precisely the feeling of refreshment that it brings in the bath and that lasts all day.
It has been developed especially for men, to remove dirt, oil and dandruff, from scalp to hair. In addition, its use helps to activate the natural protection of the scalp and prevent the reappearance of caspas.
In its formula comes clear’s new intelligent technology that unites the experience in skin and scalp care. It contains taurine, bio-booster, ZPTO, vitamin B3, amino acids and menthol, which in addition to providing a refreshing sensation, favors healthy hair growth and controls oil.
- Reduces dandruff and oily as it favors healthy hair growth
- Assists in restoring the protective barrier of the scalp
- Provides an incredible feeling of refreshment thanks to the presence of menthol in its composition
What are the main benefits when using an anti-dandruff shampoo?
The 5 main benefits when using an anti-dandruff shampoo are:
- Combat ing fungi responsible for dandruff
- Deeply cleanse the scalp, eliminating waste
- Reduce oil
- Relieve the consequent itching of flaking and irritation of the scalp
- Prevent reappearance and recurrence of dandruff
Can I use dandruff shampoo every day?
Dandruff shampoo should be used regularly to provide effective results against dandruff. It should be applied to the hair about three times a week, and can rather be applied every day in the acute phase of the problem, depending on your hair type and the product to be chosen.
However, daily use of dandruff shampoo should be discontinued with significant improvement of symptoms to avoid reverse effect. If the problem is not so severe, the optimal frequency of dandruff shampoo is 2 to 3 times a week.
In addition, washing your hair frequently helps to decrease dandruff, as it prevents excess oil and contributes to the removal of polluting agents. Remember to avoid lading them with very hot water, not sleeping with wet hair or staying with damp hair for too long, as moisture contributes to the development of the problem.
How do I use dandruff shampoo?
- Wash your hair three times a week or more if your hair type allows.
- Massage the shampoo gently into the scalp.
- Leave the shampoo for about 5 minutes before rinsing.
- After rinsing the dandruff shampoo, use your normal shampoo on the rest of the hair.
- If desirable, use a conditioner after using the shampoo on the length of the hair, avoiding the scalp.
How long do you leave dandruff shampoo in your hair?
To ensure an effective treatment, the dandruff shampoo should remain in the hair for about 5 minutes, so that the agents and active scans can penetrate the scalp properly.
Conclusion on dandruff shampoo
Dandruff affects about 40% of Brazilians and can generate many discomforts in the day to day.
However, you now know the basic care to help combat this nuisance and know that using an efficient dandruff shampoo can make all the difference to keep your strands healthy and dandruff free.
Remember to carefully choose an anti-dandruff shampoo that is in accordance with your needs, avoiding shampoos that leave your scalp heavy or too oily, to prevent the reverse effect.
It is worth investing in a quality dandruff shampoo, suitable for your hair and use it with the correct shape and frequency. After all, you deserve a healthy scalp, synonymous with beautiful hair and full of life!