The blender is one of the appliances most commonly found in the kitchen. This popularity is due to the wide functionality of this device.
Its main purpose is to grind solid products, but with the help of additional nozzles, it can mix liquids, beat eggs and perform many other operations.
However, the market offers other devices that can handle some tasks better than a blender.
Choosing the right device ultimately depends on your needs.
Why do you need a blender, and what is it?
The work of the blender is based on the rotation of sharp steel knives. This design makes it easy to grind fruits and vegetables, meat, and it can also be used for ice, nuts, or breadcrumbs.
The power of the device primarily determines the ability to grind a product. It is worth noting that blenders are hand and stationary.
The hand blender consists of an engine handle and control buttons worn with a nozzle with metal knives.
When working, such a blender is lowered into the container. The set of different models depends on their cost; more expensive devices can have a whisk for whipping liquid and semi-liquid products and a special bowl for shredding solid ingredients.
A stationary blender is a case with a capacity where rotating steel blades are placed. To grind products with such a blender, you need to place the necessary components in the bowl, close it with a lid and turn on the device at a certain power.
Of course, the blender has its pros and cons.
- grinding of fruits, vegetables, meat, some solid products;
- High speed
- It gives a homogeneous consistency on the way out;
- functionality increases when there are different nozzles.
- grinds the products not in small slicing, but rather in a purely mixture;
- High speed causes the engine to overheat quickly, so you often need to take a break;
- makes a loud noise.
The blender’s versatility can be very conditional, as additional functions (whipping or shredding) are not as good as when using special individual devices.
Food processor and its functionality
The food processor, as the name implies, combines a variety of functions necessary for cooking. It can grind, chop, mix, beat various products, chop meat, squeeze the juice.
The types of combines depend on their functionality. Conventionally speaking, the combine can combine such devices: blender, meat grinder, blender, mixer Grinder, blender, juicer, etc.
Before choosing a combine harvester, you need to understand what functions you really need and which do not. For quick grinding or mixing products, you can buy a compact and relatively inexpensive device.
If you have a large family, which you need to cook a lot and often a variety of dishes, then the indispensable option will be a massive combine, which has many nozzles and functions.
- It’s easy to do all the tasks before it;
- Thanks to the versatility allow you to save money because it combines a blender, mixer, meat grinder, juicer;
- Provides easy and fast processing of large quantities of products.
- large sizes.
If you compare the combine with the blender, you need to understand that the blender is designed for grinding and mixing products. The food processor can perform much more tasks thanks to its nozzles.
The blender is usually equipped with one (maximum two) bowls and several nozzles. The combine has a huge number of bowls, a variety of knives, and graters.
There is also a purely visual difference: the food processor is large enough. It requires a lot of space, and the blender can often fit in a small corner, or a drawer (if we talk about a manual model) differs more compact dimensions.
The combined cost is much higher, as it has a complex design and has many additional nozzles and devices that expand the device’s versatility.
A simpler blender, respectively, is much cheaper.
Use of chopper
The grinder is a cross between a food processor and the usual hand-slicing of products. As a rule, this device consists of a bowl on which the top puts a handle.
Choppers allow you to chop both whole foods and large pieces finely.
The shredded food can be added to the salad or processed in any other way.
The main working element of the chopper is a rotating knife wing. Such a device can even whip up some liquid products (sauces, dough on pancakes, cream). The quality of slicing depends on the time of the knives, as well as their location.
If the blades are placed low, you will get a pureed mixture, and at high – a large enough slicing. As a rule, the height of knives can be adjusted.
It is worth noting that the chopper does not give a monotonous consistency: the finished mixture will consist of both small and larger particles.
The homogeneous composition can be achieved only by grinding the products to the state of puree.
Multi-cuts have rotating discs that have different sizes and shapes.
Such devices can cut and cut the products into slices, and the particles will always have the same size.
It will not be possible to beat or stir liquid products with multi-cuts. Usually, multi-cutters are not equipped with their own bowl, so they are used in their dishes and a hand blender.
- excellent crushing of solid products (meat, nuts, ice);
- getting monotonous, well-sliced pieces;
- small dimensions of the device.
- Small functionality
- heating for long-term use.
The grinder is in many ways similar to the blender, both in terms of functionality and appearance. It is worth noting that the bowl for grinding products at the chopper is always on the bottom, while the stationary blender is installed on top.
Using a juicer in the kitchen
Juicers are a completely separate class of devices that are widely different in functionality and purpose. However, in any case, they all serve to perform one task – juice squeeze.
Types of juicers:
- For citrus fruits. It allows you to get juice only from citrus fruits, has a small capacity and compact sizes.
- It’s a sneck. Such a device works on the principle of the press – the product is put under the screw, which moves and forcefully squeezes the juice out of the product. This type is most productive because it can squeeze the maximum juice out of the pulp.
- It’s a grid or a centrifugal. The most common type, the working element of rotating knives, is placed in a container with mesh walls. When working, the product is crushed and rubbed through the mesh so that the juice is released, and the unnecessary pulp is automatically removed into a special container. The performance of such a juicer depends on its power; the most powerful devices can process solid fruits and vegetables.
The pros and cons of juicers depend on their type and power. It is worth considering in more detail the differences between juicer and blender:
- The juicer allows you to get pure juice without pulp, while the blender will make juice with impurities, which is more likely to be similar to liquid puree.
- Juicers remove the used press in a separate container, and the blender will leave it along with the juice.
- The juicer’s time is between 5 and 15 minutes. Expensive blenders can work until product consistency is achieved.
- The juicer can handle even hard vegetables and fruits. The blender will break them or, in a pinch, turn them into porridge.
- The juicer is used only to prepare juice, and the blender is suitable to make a puree or a variety of fruit smoothies.
- no significant shortcomings have been identified.
In general, the choice depends again on the needs that arise in the kitchen. The blender allows you to carry out a variety of operations, but it can not get juice. If the presence of fresh juice you need, then, in this case, you can not do without a quality juicer.
If you have a question – what to choose, blender, or some other device – you need to understand what purpose different devices have clearly. The blender is good at chopping and mixing products; in addition, its functionality can be slightly enhanced by nozzles.
With the help of a blender, you can not get juice; it will cope with the juicer. If you only need chopping, it is worth choosing a special chopper. The food processor, in turn, will perfectly cope with all of the above tasks.