If you are expecting a tiny baby, you are surely wondering what baby diapers to use. The size of baby diapers depends on the weight. It would help if you made an overview of the measures and the materials from which diapers are made. Based on the material, you can then choose between cloth baby diapers or disposable baby diapers. Learn what options the diaper market offers you.
How to choose the best baby diapers
Types of baby diapers
Repeatable use is considered to be the basic difference between cloth and disposable diapers. You can use baby cotton diapers for several years as long as you take proper care of them. Disposable baby diapers, as their name suggests, are thrown away after one use.
Disposable baby diapers
- Their great advantage is unpretentiousness. After use, you need to pack them, throw them away, take another diaper, seal them, and that’s it!
- However, their disadvantage is the environmental burden.
- According to the study, diapers make up to 50% of household waste that has children.
- These diapers make up about 4% of all solid waste.
- Liquids decompose quickly, but plastic and paper, which make up 25% of diapers, decompose for 200 to 500 years.
- Buying disposable diapers will weigh on your domestic financial budget. The consumption of baby diapers is on average 4-5 diapers per day. Thus, the child consumes more than 4,000 pieces during the whole “diaper period,” which is no longer a tiny number.
Cloth baby diapers
- They’re more cost-efficient than a one-night stand.
- They have a more natural character and are less environmentally demanding.
- Even when using these baby diapers, there is a financial burden associated with frequent washing. This is because washing consumes a large amount of water and energy.
- Washing is also time-consuming. There is more work with them.
How to choose cloth diapers
If you decide to use cotton diapers, you can choose from several types. If you don’t know which one is right for your baby, take your baby’s diaper test by trying out all the options.
- with these diapers, repacking is the easiest
- includes upper panties and absorbent layer
- you can choose the type of diapers that grow together with your baby or multi-size diapers that vary according to the weight of the baby
|comfort||high purchase price|
|simple handling||for some types, it is necessary to purchase two size sets|
|are not too bulky||long time to wither|
- have integrated panties that are made of impermeable but very permeable material
- the inner layer is made of microfleece, which takes care of perfectly dry buttocks
- a suction layer is inserted into the pocket(original suction diaper, insert diaper, layered diaper, square diaper)
|comfort||high purchase price|
|simple handling||need to use suction layer|
|are not too bulky|
Baby panties diapers
- they are made of natural materials that provide great protection, especially for sensitive the
- these are very practical and comfortable baby diapers
- available in multi-veal and single-feature versions
- fastening is very comfortable thanks to snaps or velcro
- combined with upper panties
|lower price||more complex to handle|
|long usage time|
- these are classically shaped diapers that saute well and quickly wither
- they must be combined with the upper panties
- are popular for ease of use and good price
|cheapest option||more complex to handle|
|long usage time||more frequent repackage|
Diapers with natural fiber admission
- baby bamboo diapers or hemp fiber diapers are among the popular products
- absorb well
- do not pollute the environment
- are child-friendly
- are not so resistant to frequent washing and therefore need to be replaced more frequently with new
Care for cotton baby diapers
The baby diaper basket is an unthinkable part of any household that opts for cotton diapers. Store the diapers in the basket dry for a maximum of two days. For easier handling, you can place a diaper net in the basket. Do not leave the diaper in a closed, dark, and warm basket for several days.
Our tip: store the sauched diapers in a basket, on the lid of which drip a few drops of Tea Tree oil.
Wash the diaper before using it for the first time. A classic diaper achieves superior suction capability after 3-4 washes. For bamboo baby diapers, it can be up to 10 washes. Wash them always in detergents that are not irritating to children’s skin and are environmentally friendly.
The recommended washing temperature is from 40 to 60 °C, but it is up to the manufacturer. If you wash at 90 °C, your diaper will wear out faster. Stir for a maximum of 800 revolutions/minute and never use a softener. This reduces the suction ability of diapers. When washing, be sure to fasten the Velcro fasteners on the sides. This prevents dirt and other fibers from entering.
If you are using a dryer, turn it on only on a gentle program. Due to drying in the dryer, the diapers wear faster. The ideal option is to dry diapers outdoors in the sun. Sunshine is the best bleaching and disinfectant.
Roughing of diapers causes drying on the radiator in the harsh sun and hard water.
Baby diapers in water
Going swimming with children is very popular with both parents and their crumbs. However, it would help if you had special swimsuits for the pool.
Swimming panties meet the requirements that most aquapark requires. The trousers retain everything they have and at the same time do not increase the volume as an ordinary diaper. In addition, quality coaching material is durable, does not limit and bother the child in any way.
You can also meet diaper panties, which have elastic sides and are easy to dress. In water, they do not increase volume, absorb well and prevent water pollution. In addition, thanks to the waterproof layer, they prevent discharges around the legs and waist.
Best baby diapers
To choose the best baby diapers for your baby, you need to choose them carefully and focus on the important things, which are:
- the diaper must absorb well, and the baby must fit perfectly
- it is useless to front-fill yourself with diapers because you do not know what size and what type will suit your baby best
- try more types of baby diapers to find out what is right for your baby
Basic functions of the diaper
- must absorb fluids quickly and reliably
- must reliably retain the fluid
- must be able to prevent leakage of fluid
- must be admirable
- must not irritate the skin
- they must have durable clamping straps that should withstand any movements your baby will make
Size of baby diapers
The size of baby diapers depends on the weight of the baby. If the diaper is too small, the liquid will leak out because it will not absorb it enough. On the other hand, too large a diaper creates a gap between the body and the diaper, which reduces the functionality of the baby diaper.
The size is different for each manufacturer, so always read the information on the diaper packaging carefully.
Size of disposable baby diapers by weight:
|Size 0||up to 2.5 kg|
|Size 1||from 2.5 to 5 kg|
|Size 2||from 3 to 6 kg|
|Size 3||from 4 to 9 kg|
|Size 4||from 7 to 14 kg|
|Size 4+||from 9 to 16 kg|
|Size 5||from 9 to 25 kg|
|Size 6||over 15 kg|
You know that: Disposables can also be perfumed; they can have various prints, additions of green tea extract, or aloe vera. However, not every skin can withstand these “tinges.”
What constitutes a baby diaper
Disposable baby diapers consist of:
- impermeable outer layers of polyethylene
- absorbent inner nucleus
- the lower layer consisting of permeable polypropylene
- elastic hems to prevent urine and fauna from leaking from the diaper
- tapes, which should hold well even after several unpacking and wrapping of the diaper
The suite core consists of two components:
- fibrous cellulose material
- synthetic super absorption polymer, sodium polyacrylate
The super absorption polymer binds fluid perfectly and works similarly to a sponge that holds a volume of fluid heavier than it is. These tiny sponges look like fine sand in a dry state, but after soaking up the transformation into the crystalline matter.
How often to change the diaper
You should replace the baby’s diaper every 3 to 4 hours. This will prevent the formation of opiates. Opruzeniny (dermatitis) is an inflammatory disruption of the skin, which is manifested by redness of the skin. The main cause is usually that the buttocks remain in the wet diaper for too long.
Redness can occur even when the baby’s skin is allergic to any substances containing disposables. It can often appear in perfumed diapers.
Whether you choose to use cloth or disposable baby diapers, always follow hygiene rules.
- Clean the baby’s buttocks carefully before wrapping them in a diaper. There is no need to use soap, as this unnecessarily dries the skin. Instead, baby wipes for buttocks are ideal. These contain substances that nourish and protect children’s skin.
- If you wash the baby with a damp wash, be sure to dry his buttocks with a soft towel. Do not use powder or powder, as it may accumulate in the skin folds and irritate it unnecessarily. If the buttocks need to be treated, use a special cream, which is well buttered.
- Do not wrap the baby in a new diaper right away, but let the skin breathe for a while.
- If the scalds appear, change the crumbs more often, or try changing the brand of baby diapers.