Built-in hobs in our time are the most popular. Manufacturers of hobs are trying to equip their products with convenient functionality, the most uncomplicated mechanism, and a truly elite design that perfectly fits any modern interior. But what are they, which is better to choose – gas or electric? So let’s talk about that.
This technique is a smooth flat surface with built-in burners that make the cooking process quite simple and high-quality due to the heating elements.
You often have to adjust the furniture to the built-in panel since such equipment is famous for its non-standard, diverse forms. Therefore, based on the above reasons, you should decide which surface to choose and install in the kitchen in advance.
Gas panels, like electric ones, have several important differences in types:
- The type of gas on the enamel is the most budget option. It is characterized by medium durability since the enamel can burn only after a long period of time. Moreover, this type of surface is unpretentious in care – with stains under the power to cope with an ordinary means for cleaning enamel.
- The type of gas on stainless steel is practical in the area of impact resistance and care. But the surface of such a material is quite simple to damage if you use a hard sponge for cleaning.
- The gas on the glass has low impact resistance but is more practical in care than gas on stainless steel.
- The type of gas on glass ceramics is the most practical type of gas surface. This type is characterized by good impact resistance. However, its main drawback is the relatively high price.
The grille of the gas hob can be of several types:
- Cast iron grille is durable in operation and will not lose its original appearance even after several years of use.
- Enameled steel is unpretentious and easy to care for, has a high degree of impact resistance. However, the enamel on the steel grille eventually loses its attractive appearance under the influence of high temperatures.
An additional option and an indispensable function for a country house is gas control. Its value lies in the fact that the gas supply to the stove is stopped in the event of a fire attack.
Automatic electric ignition eliminates the need to light the gas with matches. Instead, there is a mechanical ignition system and a “piezo” system when it is necessary to simultaneously turn the gas handle and press the spark supply button.
Electric built-in cooktops
They may have some differences in the heating mechanism. However, if you are already sure that the electric panel will be an ideal option for your kitchen, you can safely approach the choice of other characteristics.
Burners play an important role in the intensity of heating. Electrical panels can be equipped with the following types:
- When choosing, you should pay attention to the features of their use. For example, most cooktops are equipped with halogen lamps that allow you to see the stove’s heated areas, which, in turn, helps to avoid burns.
After all, models are carefully studied; you should pay attention to the material they are made with.
So, standard enameled will be cheaper and have a fairly large range of different shades. But to find the most high-quality model among such materials will be problematic. Enamel is subject to scratches and scuffs and is quite problematic in cleaning.
A more practical plate of stainless steel is much better amenable to cleaning, less susceptible to external destructive factors, and able to withstand loads. However, among the disadvantages is the high marketability of the surface. And cleaning should be done only with the use of gentle detergents.
Glass-ceramic hobs are a material loved by most users. Among the advantages: ease of operation (perhaps even touch) and high strength of the material. But glass-ceramics are easily exposed to scratches, sensitive to shocks, and can even split.
It is also worth paying attention to the shape of the panel itself. The standard shape is a rectangle, but modern interiors allow you to mount tiles of any shape and size – from round and oval to curved.
Another necessary criterion in choosing a built-in electric hob is the control system. Electronic or electromechanical elements produce it.
Electronic control is often found in plates with many functions such as automatic boiling or shutdown, temperature control, the ability to adjust the heating power, memorizing specific modes, etc.
In the modern world, hobs with electronic control functions make it possible to significantly reduce the cooking time and eliminate the need to control the cooking process.
For example, automatic burners will turn off when products are ready or reduce the heating temperature. In the case of spilled soup or boiling milk, they can automatically turn off. Most of the electric burners read information about the size of the dishes and themselves select the power and heating area.
Electronic-mechanical control is convenient due to the rapid switching of modes and is also equipped with blocking from children. Electronic-mechanical control has sensor mechanisms, electric burners, and handles that can be manually controlled. In addition, touch electrical control usually has a special screen on which operations are displayed. Thus, you can control the time until the end of cooking, the mode, and temperature.
Secrets of the right choice
What is the first thing you need to pay attention to choose favor of the best tile? Experts recommend the first to think about the dimensions of the built-in appliances and then about the design so that it harmoniously fits into the kitchen’s interior.
And you also need to think about the desired number of burners (they can be from 2 to 5) and in what order they will be placed on the surface (in a straight line or the form of any geometric shape). There must be enough space between them for large-sized dishes.
Ultimately, you should analyze the functionality of the equipment, determine the necessary capabilities and correlate the price and quality of the future purchase.
Which is better: gas or electric – you choose.
To simplify choosing high-quality equipment and its further purchase, below is a list of proven manufacturers and tips.