In the digital age, no one will be surprised by wireless technology. And even a simple device like headphones can now work without any cables. Wireless headphones are the perfect choice for those who are uncomfortable using wired models that restrict freedom of movement.
This article will help you find headphones that are perfect for specific tasks. Do not think that they are all the same, and the difference is only the price. Even different headphones can use different techniques to communicate with a computer or portable device!
THE MAIN CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Type of communication
- Radio parties. They can function perfectly at a fairly long distance from the signal transmitter (up to 100 m). As a rule, the stated high range is unstable, correct only for open space, with a gradual deterioration of sound quality as you move away from the base. Radio parties will be a great option for a small room (50-60 m2) because various barriers are not affected by the transmission of the signal. But, the radio signal may be affected by interference that is created by household appliances.
- Bluetooth headphones. The radius of these headphones is no more than 40 meters. They are not afraid of radios, as well as any visible obstacles. Also, these headphones are compatible with various gadgets, which also have Bluetooth onboard. But compared to the earphones, the range of Bluetooth headphones is much smaller, and the battery consumption is higher.
- IR headphones. Infrared port is used to transmit the signal. IR headphones are not subject to electromagnetic radiation and various interferences. But for the signal to be of high quality, the receiving device must be in constant visible contact with the transmitter. The main advantage of these headphones is their cost – it is much lower than the above analogues.
- Wi-Fi headphones – The audio stream is broadcast from a small Wi-Fi transmitter. The greatest distance is 90 meters, but the radius of coverage can be reduced due to working electrical appliances, weather conditions, reflective surfaces. Also, Wi-Fi protocol information is not always transmitted in a safe mode.
Types of headphones
- Overheads are the most common type of headphones. Their main feature is that they are superimposed on the ear. These headphones are large enough, so they are rarely used to listen to music on the street.
- Full-size – unlike overhead headphones, completely cover the ear. They are distinguished by good noise insulation, high sound quality, lightweight design.
- Monitor – and full-size- completely cover the ear but have a fairly heavy weight and a powerful headboard.
- Inserted – so-called ear plates. Wireless are extremely rare, usually used by athletes in the pool or on the run.
- Resistance. To listen to music on the player will be enough resistance at the level of 16-32 Om. For computers and audio systems, it is better to select headphones with resistance 120 Om.
- Frequency range. Ideally, it should be 20 to 20 kHz. The lower the bottom bar, the juicier the bass will be.
- Noise/signal. The higher the rate, the better. On average, it should be at least 80-100 dB.
EQUALLY IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS
- Battery life. High-quality headphones can run for up to 12 hours without recharging.
- Ergonomics. Good headphones should hold tightly. Otherwise, foreign sounds penetrating under the earbuds will reduce the quality of sound.
- The controls. Wide accessory control capabilities will provide a high level of comfort when operating any wireless device. Management includes volume control, incoming call reception button (for headset), etc.
MOST POPULAR MANUFACTURERS
Among the best-known manufacturers are such brands as Sennheiser, Pioneer, Panasonic, Ritmix, Sony, Philips, Creative, AKG.
WIDESPREAD CUSTOMER ERRORS
- The built-in battery adds weight and volume, so don’t expect wireless headphones to be light and miniature.
- Wireless headphones are never used in audio recordings because they need to travel a long distance with obstacles before getting to the ear. Also, wireless headphones, compared to wired, have some degree of distortion of sound.
- Not all Bluetooth headphones work well, being at a distance of 40 meters from the transmitter. Therefore, music lovers should prefer radio readies, the quality of the signal in which is much higher.
The main secret of the popularity of wireless headphones lies in their mobility. Now you can combine two pleasures in one – to do household chores and at the same time enjoy quality sound.