Potatoes and chicken are simple products that are suitable for a daily diet. However, if you can cook chicken with potatoes in the Microvawe oven, it will not be a shame to serve them on the festive table. There are many possibilities for roasting chicken with potatoes: for one recipe, both chicken and potatoes are baked whole; for the other one, or both products are ground. However, the rules for cooking delicious chicken dishes and potatoes in the oven are almost identical.
Chicken baked in the oven with potatoes – one of the easiest dishes, its preparation on the shoulder even for an inexperienced chef. Knowing some secrets, however, will allow you to turn this everyday dish into a culinary masterpiece.
- The meat of adult laying hens is not suitable for baking: it will be hard and dry, it must be cooked for a long time. It is better to take carcasses of ripe chicken. Its weight usually ranges from 1,4 to 1,6 kg.
- Frozen chickens for baking in the oven are less suitable than chilled and especially paired. If you want to cook frozen chicken, you need to thaw it slowly and then marinate it for several hours. However, the marinade will not spoil meat that has not been frozen.
- Potatoes are not cooked as quickly as most other vegetables. Therefore, you can bake only new potatoes. Old potatoes should be cut into slices, slices or cubes. If the potato is used as a stuffing, it will first have to boil until half-cooked.
- If you want the shape of potato slices to be preserved and the chicken does not mix with vegetables, you can use the following method: spread the vegetables on a baking tray covered with parchment paper, put on it a grill on which the thighs, legs and wings of the chicken are laid out – when baking chicken fat will flow to vegetables, they will be soaked in the taste of chicken and will brown well.
- Chicken breast is not considered the most suitable for baking with potatoes because there is almost no fat in it, and with it, the dish turns out to be insufficiently juicy. However, the ban on breasts is automatically lifted if cream-based or mayonnaise-based fatty sauce is used.
When baking chicken and potatoes, not only sauce is added, but also various spices, other vegetables, mushrooms and even fruits, the method of preparation may depend on the composition, although it will not hurt in all cases to adopt the given rules.
Chicken baked with new potatoes
- chicken (whole) – 1.5 kg;
- garlic – 4 cloves;
- new potatoes – 1 kg;
- mayonnaise – 50 ml;
- dried basil – 5 g;
- marjoram – 5 g;
- pepper, salt – to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash and dry the chicken carcass with a napkin.
- Mix salt with pepper and herbs. Wipe the chicken inside and out with this mixture.
- Garlic cloves cut in half or into 3 pieces, lubricate them with chicken.
- Cover the chicken with mayonnaise.
- Put the foil on a baking sheet, put the chicken in the middle.
- Potatoes wash, peel, cut into halves or quarters. If the potato is tiny, it can not be peeled and cut.
- Spread the pieces of potatoes or whole tubers around the chicken.
- Preheat the oven.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil and send it to the oven—Bake for an hour.
- Remove the foil and cook the dish in the oven for another half an hour.
Before serving, it is best to cut the chicken into portions. Serve with baked potatoes. As an addition, almost any sauce based on sour cream will do it.
Chicken stuffed with potatoes
- chicken – 1.5 kg;
- potatoes – 0.5 kg;
- soy sauce – 50 ml;
- honey – 35 g;
- mustard (sauce) – 20 ml;
- peppers – 5 g;
- czosnek – 3 ząbki;
- salt to taste;
- vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- apple cider vinegar – 50 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the carcasses by washing them well and drying them with a towel.
- Melt honey, combine it with mustard, chopped garlic and soy sauce. Add half the peppers, a little salt. If necessary, you can add finely chopped parsley, coriander, basil, celery.
- Dip the chicken sauce properly, leave it in a cool place for an hour.
- Wash the potatoes—Cook without flaking until halfway through. Peel, cut into cubes or cubes.
- Mix the oil with vinegar, add a little salt, add the remaining peppers, mix. Pour in the resulting potato mixture and leave to marinate for at least 40 minutes.
- We stuff the chicken with pickled potatoes.
- Wrap the chicken in foil and put it into the mould. Put in the oven for an hour. Set the temperature controller to 180 degrees.
- Carefully remove the foil. Return the chicken form to the oven and bake it again.
The dish prepared according to this recipe has a unique taste. It is better to serve it whole so that guests can appreciate it in taste and appearance. And it looks very appetizing.
Chicken breasts with potatoes and vegetables
- chicken breast (on bones) – 0.8-1 kg;
- new potatoes – 0.5 kg;
- onions – 100 g;
- carrots – 100 g;
- zucchini – 0.2 kg;
- tomatoes – 0.2 kg;
- olej roślinny – 30 ml;
- czosnek – 2 ząbki;
- parsley – 20 g;
- dill – 20 g;
- cream – 0.2 l;
- salt, spices – to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into circles 1-1.5 cm thick, arrange on a baking sheet and put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash the chicken breasts. Dry them with a towel. On two sides of each breast, make deep longitudinal cuts.
- Chop herbs, press garlic through the press, mix with cream, salt and spices.
- Rub the breasts with a mixture of salt and pepper.
- Spread half the cream on the “pockets” in the breasts.
- Seal the incision points with toothpicks.
- Wash and clean the remaining vegetables. Young squash is not necessary for cleaning.
- Cut tomatoes and zucchini in circles 1 cm thick; carrots are twice as thinner. Onions cut into half rings.
- Lubricate the baking dish and put layers of potatoes, onions, carrots, zucchini, and tomatoes. Lubricate all remaining cream.
- Put your breasts on vegetables. Send preheated oven to 180 degrees. Bake for 40 minutes. If the oven has upper and lowers heating functions, first turn on the lower heating for 25 minutes, then the top heating.
This dish has low-calorie content so that it will appeal to those engaged in a healthy diet.
Chicken with potatoes and mushrooms in the oven
- chicken meat – 1 kg;
- mushrooms – 0.8 kg;
- potatoes – 1 kg;
- cream – 150 ml;
- cheese – 100 g;
- salt, pepper – to taste;
- vegetable oil – as needed to lubricate the mould.
Method of preparation:
- Peel potatoes cut them into thin slices.
- Lubricate the glass or ceramic mould with oil, put potatoes in it.
- Wash the chicken carcass, dried it, cut it into pieces and use a knife to separate the meat from the bone. Cut the meat into small pieces of any shape. If you want, you can use a chicken fillet – it will be easier to cut it. Lightly discard the chicken meat.
- Salt and pepper potatoes. Put the chicken on it. It also needs salt and pepper.
- Wash the mushrooms. Trying to keep them in the water as little as possible because they absorb moisture well. Wipe each fungus with a napkin. Cut the mushrooms into thin plates. Cover them with chicken.
- Finely grate the cheese and mix with cream. Cover this mixture with mushrooms.
- Turn on the oven, wait until the temperature reaches 180-200 degrees.
- Cover the mould with a lid or foil, put it in the oven—Cook for an hour.
- Remove the lid and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Such a dish can be prepared in the sleeve, placing in it all the ingredients. True, in this case, it will turn out to be less beautiful, but if you put them on plates before serving, it will be imperceptible. But you do not need to add oil, and washing the mould will be easier.
Now you know how easy it is to cook chicken with potatoes in the oven. With all ease of cooking, this dish turns out to be very tasty and appetizing.