Many people face the gas stove, but not everyone knows how to use it properly. When used, it is necessary to adhere to safety rules: a gas leak in the apartment of a high-rise building can lead to an accident, as it forms an explosive mixture. Residents of other premises may be affected by negligence in the use of a gas stove.
Tips For Using The Gas Stove in the Kitchen
Regardless of whether natural gas is used by connecting to a centralized gas system or a cylinder is being used, the operation approach is the same.
It is important to remember that gas burners give heat and actively burn oxygen in the room where they are installed. At work, combustion products are allocated, the most dangerous of which is considered carbon monoxide. These components occur in the air in the case of incomplete burning of the gas mixture and the room’s poor ventilation.
Therefore, before buying a gas stove, it is worth exploring the possibility of installing an electric or induction model. Of course, such heating devices will be more expensive, as electricity costs more often exceed regular payments for gas.
If you can’t switch to a safe way of cooking and have to use gas equipment, you need to follow the following important rules.
- Each time after the end of the cooking process, it is necessary to close the faucet on the pipe or the cylinder’s latch.
- Before leaving the house, check the taps on the stove and the gas pipe. In the event of an emergency, this will help block the gas-air mass flow into the room.
- When installed in a private house to allocate a room under the kitchen with a window, if necessary to use a source of fresh air near the place of gas burning. In an apartment with a ready-made layout, try to install the stove closer to the place of opening of the window or window frame.
- Determine whether there is access to a ventilation shaft or a place in the outer wall into which the duct can be brought.
- It is obligatory to install a hood over the future cooking place, the area of which will overlap the perimeter of the slab. If possible, mount a flowing mechanism for the release of combustion residues (when warm air and burned gas is excreted outside the housing). If there is no access to ventilation and external walls, the minimum safe step is to attach the recycling model. It will be able to clean the air through a filter system.
- In the case of unsuccessful culinary experiments, when the products are burning and there is a strong smell, at the same time as the hood is turned on, you need to open all the windows and organize a draft for the free release of contaminated particles.
- Once a new stove has been installed, it is important to check the quality and colour of the flame on each burner. The maximum burning of harmful impurities occurs with a uniform blue flame. If the fire has a yellow tint, you need to turn off the gas supply and check if there are obstacles or clogging in the way of the fire. When you can’t detect a problem on your own, it’s best to call gas workers to get recommendations on how the equipment works properly. Yellow heat of flame – a signal of problems
- Similar help will be needed for specialists in the sense of a specific smell of gas when the burners do not work.
- For the safest use of gas burners, it is recommended to observe the limit on two burners’ continuous operation for no more than three hours. If you plan to prepare a large number of dishes, it is worth making at least an hour break with the room’s full airing.
- Even if only one burner works, you don’t need to leave another dish on the stove. It will prevent free air circulation and delay combustion products in the kitchen.
How to light a fire
If you have never encountered gas stoves before, the question of how to light a gas stove can be very relevant. To do this, you need to stick to a certain algorithm. First of all, you need to ventilate the room. Then it would help if you did it step by step:
- Open the faucet on the pipe or valve if a gas cylinder is used.
- Light the burner.
This process takes place in different ways, depending on the type of stove and the fire source. The plate can be lit in the following ways:
- From an open-source of fire – matches;
- using an electric or silicon lighter;
Modern models of gas stoves are equipped with a built-in electric burning system. This feature can be displayed on a separate button or can be built into the burner faucet. This is the only case when the slab’s crane turns simultaneously; the burner can be lit at the same time. You must first provide fire (spark) and then open the burner’s valve in other models. The crane opens clockwise with a slight push inside. On how to light the oven gas stove, read here.
The flame should be distinctly blue and evenly distributed around the burner. If it slips inside, closes the faucet and re-ignite the burner. The flame’s optimal height should not exceed 2-2.5 cm and is regulated by the valve handle’s rotation. If the indoor draught, the flames will seek to break away from the burner, dangerous from fire safety. If there is an excess of air, you need to close the window. If the air is lacking, the colour of the flame will change from blue to yellow and carbon monoxide, which is dangerous for human health.
Turning on the oven
The burning of the burner inside the oven is more complicated than on the surface of the stove. Often the view is covered with a massive pallet, and it is suggested to use only a small hole with access to the burner. This causes difficulty at the start and does not allow us to see whether the torches fully lit up in the round base’s holes.
The safest way is the built-in auto-gigier manufacturer, which feeds a stable spark for the flames. The second most at risk are electric or pneumatic lighters with an elongated smudge to serve the spark. They protect the owner’s hands from accidental burns when ignited. The most dangerous method includes outdated wooden matches or a piece of paper rolled up with paper.
You can light the oven with matches or a lighter, but it is safer to use auto-jag
It should be rubbed and dried before turning on the new oven. If the stove has already been used, it is important to completely clean the residues of burnt products’ internal surfaces so that the heat supply does not pass additional burning of carcinogenic substances.
When starting the heat, you need to consider the built-in flame control mechanism, holding the handle for at least three seconds so that it does not go out.
Using the oven
Once the heat is turned on in the oven, it is best to set the maximum heating temperature to save time. But during this period, it is necessary to assess the smell as carefully as possible, which can appear when the temperature rises. In the old models of plates, to check the uniformity of the fire will have to visually.
You can watch the flame in the oven through a special window.
If there are signs of specific gas composition, it is necessary to immediately turn off the device, ventilate the room and repeat the heating after a while. If after a couple of minutes of heating “pulled” the gala, it means a bad cleaning of the walls after the previous use. It is better to turn off the stove and wash the walls. Otherwise, the new dish will absorb the burnt particles and spoil its aroma.
Some models of past releases have structural flaws that lead to the burning of dishes. If it is impossible to replace the equipment, people’s means can come to the rescue: the location at the bottom of silicate bricks, containers with water, salt or sand.
What you can’t do when you’re using a stove
Having a lot of experience with technology, consumers sometimes forget about both precautions and some gas stove features. To make the cooking process safe for the owner and others, you need to remember that you can’t do it.
- It is not recommended to use wide-bottomed utensils on low burners. In this case, the effect of incomplete combustion of fuel is formed, and it is possible to poison carbon monoxide.
- Flames should not come out of the bottom area of the dishes, as this will lead to a useless increase in fuel consumption and the appearance of soot, which will only increase the cooking time.
- If the utensils’ diameter exceeds the cooking panel and goes beyond its edges, you should use an additional pinto to increase the height and provide air.
Clean surfaces of the stove and oven – is the key to reducing the emission of harmful impurities in the climate of the living space. After each cooking, it is necessary to clean the device’s walls and disassemble the gas burners to check the purity of the passages for fire.
All removable parts can be washed in a dishwasher or soaked in soapy liquid. If the smell is a deviation or the colour of the flame changes from blue to yellow, you must immediately contact the gas service.