Haircare is essential to keep it in the best possible conditions, and it is fascinating to know tricks that can help you gain volume, length, or shine, among others. If you want to know how to grow your hair, read on and take note of a fantastic trick using onion juice for hair.
How to use and prepare onion juice to grow hair
Properties of onion for hair
Onion has components that are very beneficial to hair, especially sulfur, present in high amounts. When you apply your juice to your hair, it will improve blood circulation so that growth will be simpler and more effective and improve collagen tissues’ production, which is so important for hair growth.
The antibacterial properties of onions make it possible to remove fungi and bacteria that usually inhabit the scalp and delay the normal development and growth of the hair with its hair juice. Also, onion juice effectively prevents hair from weakening, strengthens it, and gives it more volume.
Steps to grow hair with onion juice
- Wash and peel a couple of onions; the amount will depend on the length of your hair.
- Cut the onions into small pieces and process them into the blender so you can extract all the juice.
- Once you have the juice, apply it directly to your scalp while performing a gentle massage for a couple of minutes.
- Let it work for at least 30 minutes and cover with a plastic cap so the juice can penetrate much better into the scalp.
- After the action, rinse with plenty of warm water and wash the hair with a natural shampoo that does not contain chemicals.
- You can apply the juice directly with your hands or soak a gauze or cotton ball with it and apply it like this.
- Having the onion, such a strong smell, is advisable to do this on weekends or at night, not just before going out on the street as you would have to pour a lot of perfume to disguise the smell.
- You can put this trick into practice up to three times a week; you will see that you get outstanding results in a short time.
Other Home Remedies to Grow Hair
In addition to using onion juice to grow hair, other tricks can be very effective and certainly worth trying:
- Green tea: have a cup of tea every morning and, among its benefits, you will discover that your hair strengthens. Not only will it grow faster, but it will fall with less hair.
- Olive oil: Heat a jet of olive oil with a tablespoon of rosemary and let it macerate for 48 hours. After that time, please apply to your scalp and tips and let it act 20 minutes, and then wash your hair as you usually do.
- Egg: an egg mask will have many benefits on your hair. Whisk an egg with a banana, stirring well until smooth. Apply to hair and let it work for 20 minutes. After that time, wash as you normally do.
- Lemon: among its advantages for hair is that it stimulates growth, regulates fat, prevents frizz, and provides vitamins that nourish it in depth. Mix two tablespoons of lemon with half a glass of water and apply to the scalp. Let it work for 15-20 minutes and rinse with plenty of water.
- Aloe vera: this plant contains an enzyme that enhances hair growth, further strengthening the scalp. Extract the juice from an aloe vera leaf and mix with a tablespoon of honey until both ingredients are well integrated. Please apply to the scalp and let it work 15 minutes before lightening with warm water.
- Avocado and tomato: It is delicious in a salad and very beneficial for hair, especially to enhance its growth. Process in the blender or bowl with your hands a tomato, the pulp of an avocado, half a tablespoon of olive oil, and a few drops of aloe vera. Apply to hair, let it work for 30 minutes, and then rinse with plenty of warm or cold water.