It is important to understand what types of refrigerators are available to make the right choice. In the article, we will determine how they work and how different, how many cameras have, how they defrosted.
Which type of refrigerator is better
It depends on the size and capacity. Therefore, it is worth starting from the number of people in the family and the variety of downloaded products. As soon as the issue with the volume of cameras is resolved, choose the type of refrigerator.
Built-in or detached. If the kitchen headset provides space for appliances, then choose from embedded models. Outside hangs a facade that completely hides the body in the furniture. Some models are installed under the countertop. The body is 40 to 220 cm tall and has a volume of 78 to 550 liters.
Keep in mind that built-in refrigerators are more expensive than standalone refrigerators under the same parameters.
Unilocular. The simplest and most standard. It can be without a freezer or equipped with it inside, necessarily at the top.
Two-camera. The refrigeration chamber is located separately from the freezer. And the latter can be both above and below. Due to separation, the temperature in the cells is not disturbed when the door is opened.
Side-by-Side. American location scheme. Both compartments are side by side, along the entire length of the case. At the bottom are containers with a cooling zone: meat, fish, vegetables, and fruits. The internal volume starts at 500 liters. Expensive options are equipped with an ice generator and a water dispenser.
On top is a huge refrigeration chamber with double doors Refrigerator. At the bottom (often in the form of a retractable lar) is a freezer.
Three (from 300 liters), four (from 400 liters), five-camera models (from 400 liters). In each department, there is an opportunity to regulate the temperature individually. Most often, such devices are not used in everyday life.
Wine cabinets. The bottles are placed in the cupboard horizontally. Volume depends on the number of bottle cells. Mini models are designed for 6 pieces, more – for 30. The capacity of 100 pieces is suitable for private collections.
The freezer. These are horizontal small cameras that are used in trade, less often in everyday life. It is convenient to store harvests in large farms, private houses, cottages.
On the principle of action
Four types of refrigerators could be used or used at home:
- Eddy. The devices did not go beyond the test development due to low efficiency and extreme noise. In a special cooler, the air compressed by the motor was extended.
- Absorbent type. Ammonia dissolved in water circulates through the system. The liquid is then divided into water and ammonia, evaporating and becoming part of the liquid again. This principle allows you to function without electricity. To start the process, it is enough to use any fuel. However, the performance of the technique is small, and the risk of poisoning reduces the idea.
- The peculiarity of thermoelectric refrigerators is the cooling of contacts through which electricity passes. They work quietly, but the roads are inefficient.
- Compression type. Basically, all models operate according to this scheme: the refrigerant boils in the vaporizer, cooling the compartment. The compressor creates pressure and generates heat, which turns freon into liquid.
There may be one or two compressors in the fridge. The latter option is quite common in our country: each motor is responsible for one camera. Decided to defrost the freezer? If the refrigeration compartment is turned off, the refrigeration compartment will continue to work.
The presence of an inverter engine provides a smooth set of temperatures and maintains it at a given level.
Early refrigerators needed constant manual defrosting. I had to spend the whole day waiting for the snow and ice to melt. Today, manufacturers offer new thawing systems:
- Drip. The refrigeration department is equipped with a “crying vaporizer.” At the moment of thawing, condensate accumulates on the back wall and flows into the drainage hole. The freezer has to be defrosted by hand.
- No Frost (Frost Free). It does not form India and ice thanks to the fans, which distribute the cold air around the compartment evenly. This scheme has one drawback – the products are dilapidated in the cell, so they must be put closed.
How to manage
Setting modes and temperature in the refrigerator can be different.
- Electromechanical is based on manual thermal adjustment. You can raise or lower the temperature yourself.
- The electronic method includes the display and the presence of a button or touchpad. It can not only control the microclimate in the compartments but also install the mode “Super-freeze,” “Super-walking,” “Vacation.”
On the body of the unit, you can notice a sticker, which indicates the class of energy consumption:
- The most economical AJ, AJ, AJ (50% of electricity).
- Economy A, B, and C (15%).
- Classes D, E, F, G are considered the most ineffective.
The refrigerator is included in the network around the clock, so you need to pay attention to this option.
It is also a designation of Latin letters. They point to the temperature at which the equipment can be used.
- N is the normal type most common in our latitudes. The operating temperature is 16-32 degrees.
- SN is sub-normal, 10-32 degrees.
- ST is subtropical, 18-38 degrees.
- T is tropical, 18-43 degrees.
Climate characteristics are important because the unsuitable temperature in the room will double the compressor’s work and rapid wear. Read more in the review “Climate classes of the refrigerator.”
The material of the case can be plastic with a paint coating. Such models are more in demand because of the low cost.
The stainless steel or aluminum case is more reliable, durable, and has a spectacular appearance. However, such devices are expensive and prone to corrosion.
Varieties of shelves
These elements are important during operation. For all the faults of lattice shelves, they provided normal air circulation and high-quality cooling of products.
The shelves of shock-resistant glass are reliable and look beautiful, provide a good overview of products, but do not miss the air. Therefore, such models are equipped with forced cooling for air distribution.
Special zones and other functions
Technology and functionality directly affect the cost of home appliances.
- The beep is open. It protects against temperature increases in the department.
- Super-sweet. Allows you to quickly cool the loaded products so as not to destabilize the climate inside.
- Super freeze is used to reduce the temperature in the chamber effectively.
- Vacation mode. Allows you to lower the temperature in the fridge during absence to save electricity. Read in detail on the”Do I need to turn off the refrigerator while you’re on vacation.”
Additional zones allow you to store products for longer:
- The dry zone allows the preservation of fish products for longer.
- Wet is suitable for storing vegetables, fruits, salads.
See the article“What is the freshness zone in the fridge.”
Although household refrigerators are similar in structure, their characteristics are different. Economy, functionality, the way of thawing – these are important criteria when choosing a technique. We hope that our review will help you make the right decision.