Establish effective cadaver organ procurement and just distribution.
Set up a system of organ sharing so as to :
- Apply organ allocation criteria (attached as an annexure).
- Provide a system by which immunologically sensitized patients are offered best possible opportunities.
- Minimize wastage of organs.
- Assure quality control by collection, analysis & publications of data on organ donation, procurement & transplantation.
- Increase public awareness.
To Facilitate the availability of organ donors by conduction awareness programs, events and workshops.
To achieve these aims
To facilitate availability and transplantation of organ for organ failed individuals, the process followed is given below :
- Maintain a recipient waiting list of patients referred by hospitals. The recipients will be registered at ZCCK office.
- Allocate organs when available as per the criteria laid down. These criteria will be revised from time to time in consultation with the medical fraternity.
- Facilitate organ retrieval & transport.
- Conduct public awareness programs.
ZCCK will maintain a registry. The purpose of the registry is to collect data for continuous evaluation of status of transplantation in the state of Karnataka. Every recognized transplant center should submit to ZCCK following information every month so as to reach ZCCK by 5th of every month.
- Number of brain deaths diagnosed in the hospital last month (includes all intensive care units & emergency rooms)
- In how many of (a) the consent for organ donation was asked for.
- Organs retrieved.
- Reasons for refusal.
- Reasons if the retrieval did not proceed for reasons other than lack of consent.
- No. of patients with ESRD on maintenance HD/CAPD.
- No. of patients put on the waiting list.
- Total No. of transplantation performed (living related/unrelated/cadaveric) last month.
- No. of applications sent to authorization committee (approved/not approved)
- List cadaveric transplant promotional activities.
- Mention activities of the coordinator appointed by the hospital towards the promotion of the cadaveric programme.
Each center should have “Counselling Mechanism” within their hospitals to address to the needs of families of critically ill patients. Every center should have an ethics committee to address to various ethical issues.
Read Reviews on Waitasec.in